Wednesday, January 07, 2009

O, the horror. 

My old commenting function is defunct. And I thought I'd just switch to blogger comments, but my jury-rigged ancient template (I'm warning you, do not under any circumstances look under the hood of this blog) won't let me. 

So bear with me. I'll probably switch to a generic template if I can figure out how to import my blog links altogether instead of one at a time, which will take an eternity.

Anyway, if you want to comment, just send me a mail using the contact-me link at left.

In the meantime, I'm recovering from a marathon of guests and dinners formal and informal, a flooded basement in Chicago, prolonged jetlag and post-Christmas distress syndrome. 

The Swedish word for the day is shit. It means shit in a more emphatic, colorful and cussy way than plain old skit, which also means shit.

- by Francis S.

7 comments:

ɱØяñιηg$ʇðя ©™ said...

The reason for shit being so popular is probably because it is easier to spit out than our own skit. I don't believe in Hollyweird influence in this case. The pronounciation of the k is simply too soft for a cuss-word thus making the english word sounding much better (or worse, take your pick). Well. that is my theory at least for whatever it is worth.

Torill said...

In Norwegian, "skitt" and "shit" sound very, very, alike, only "skitt" is a little harder, and so gives more emphasis to the word - which is nice in this context :)

And Francis: I feel your pain! I did the same thing last year, and I suffered all the way. But now it feels pretty good, really. I love the new little widgets.

Anonymous said...

Love your word of the day and the way you write... brilliant. Keep it up.

-SwedishJoe
http://twitter.com/SwedishJoe

Anonymous said...

The default template is much, much easier on the eyes and easier to read.

Please don't switch back! :)

Anonymous said...

Really nice site you got there! Hey all you sweden-interested people, check out www.alifeinsweden.com to learn everything and some more about Sweden while following a life of a Swede!

See you !

Meryem said...

mycket snygg layout. självklart också mycket bra blogg.

HamBaconEgg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 


Gaybloggar.se