Monday, July 22, 2002

My version of the Trojan War in 100 words.

    Two stories about Helen

    1. They all thought she was just a common whore when she showed up in the bed of the farmer’s son. Then it turned out she was worth something on account of she’d run away from money, real money. So they said the farmer’s son wasn’t so stupid after all. But it didn’t stop them from spitting on her whenever she passed.

    2. “My mother screamed when I was born,” says the ancient blind woman sitting alone in the orchard. "I hatched from a lavender egg."

    She tells herself, “I was an ugly child,” and she can’t remember why she is lying.

    copyright 2002 Francis Strand - just a little reminder!



So, could you, would you reduce a classic epic tale to 100 words? And which one would it be?

The Swedish word for the day is novell. It means short story.

- by Francis S.

No comments:

 


Gaybloggar.se